Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lab1: SSC & a Blog















I found this image on a website called Best Country Reports, a website that provides guides to culture, travel, business, and communications in major countries. It is a map of Hong Kong, with increasingly dark hues of red indicating a greater population density. I chose to talk about his map because I was born in Hong Kong and have experienced this remarkably crowded city for myself. It really puts into perspective how sparsely populated the surrounding region is as well.

Source: http://www.bestcountryreports.com/Population_Map_Hong%20Kong.html
Google Images, 2:20 PM, September 28, 2010


















This is a map of the south pole that I found on Ambiophonics after a quick Google search. I chose this map because while most maps of the world tend to focus very little on the continent of Antarctica, this one shows it for what it really is. I also found the map rather interesting because one of my high school teachers spent a few months stationed near one of the more prominent locations on the map. Since then, I've always wanted to visit Antarctica.

Source: http://www.ambiophonics.org/Bio.html
Google Images, 2:31 PM, September 28, 2010






















Finally, this is a map taken from the website of the Oakland Airport. It shows all of the various stops, stations, and fares of the Bay Area Rapid Transit. I chose to talk about it because I am a Bay Area native and this map has a very special place in my heart. I live just south of where the train line ends on the peninsula side, so any trip to San Francisco almost always requires the use of BART. Over the years, I have become very familiar with the contents of the map and virtually each stop has some memories associated with it.

Source: http://www.flyoakland.com/bart_map.html
Google Images, 2:36 PM, September 28, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment